Friday, February 13, 2009

Tick Tick Tick...

If you are not a pro, then you are racing for fun, and if it's not, do something else.

Tradezone is in 2 days. The registration page says 'training race', but whatever. I did 3 of them last year, and the 'training' part was bull, they were races. There were attacks, chases, team tactics and a lot of pain. I had a good time.

Sunday actually marks 1 year of racing for me, but it feels like I have been around here forever. I remember rolling up to the line at Tradezone and getting that gitty nervous feeling I had in my first race as a junior. The speed was a bit alarming, and I wondered if I would be able to re-adapt to race speeds. It has taken alot of work to get back into shape, but I will never forget how hard that backside was single file in the wind.

Last year I rode Tradezone with a triple chainring, and since I didn't know what was cool to wear, nor did I have any team clothing, I looked like a bike nashbar week-end warrior fred.

I can't wait for the season to start, and I have the tangible goal of doing everything this year better than last year - starting with Tradezone.

No comments:

Post a Comment