Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good to Go

Day 1 of training after a week off and my legs didn't feel like they missed a beat. Went to Hains point, and right out off the car and into the rotation with Ken Johnson and Sean Berry. We went steady, not real hard and were eventually joined by the Ferret aka Mark Somers and Chris Schmidt. Its supposed to be warmer tomorrow (above freezing), so I can't wait to get the miles in.

The Ferret is ridding well considering he's pushing 65! One day I'll post the story of how the Ferret got his nickname while swindling Mexican kids out of the Chicklets they were selling on the border - but it's a long story and I just don't have time right now.

5 comments:

  1. Goodness..I did not realize that Mr. Somers ( one m or two ?)was really at or near 65. That is a very fit AARP card holder. One of my goals in life is to win the Masters 70 plus. ( world , regional, whatever.. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just getting the Ferret's goat on the age thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chuck..are you saying that marc used to race those bikes with the big wheel up front and small one in the back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL about the Ferret and 65... Either way, he's definitely looking good for an old man with broken body parts.

    ReplyDelete